Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Crochet!

It's the last day of 2008. How did that happen? With the holidays being as they always are, I knew I would be away from the blog for a while. Had about four different celebrations, but they all went well and overall the holiday season was fantastic. Zach and I are working on reclaiming our apartment before we go back to school for the next semester. So what has happened in the past week?

-We registered for gifts, which included a very lovely time at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and a very frustrating time at Sears. Don't register there if you can help it.

-I taught myself to crochet the basic single crochet stitch last Tuesday, and started a crocheted baby blanket for my boss, who is expecting twins.

-Feeling adventurous, last night I taught myself to double crochet and this morning I finished my first crocheted square!


There it is! I know its a got some issues, but I was pretty proud of it! I'm hoping to make my own pattern and make more squares, maybe in the pattern, maybe not, and turn it into a blanket. Time will tell.

Anyway, that's most of the new news. Going to call to make an appointment for trying on dresses... fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment