Wednesday, August 12, 2009

And the rest

So I didn't really take any pictures while I was down getting Zach. I think they frown on your taking pictures of a military base and then posting them on the Internet anyway, but I may be wrong. But what I do have is a very funny video from one of the first nights Zach was home. *DISCLAIMER- no animal was harmed in any way in the making of this film*




This was so funny the first time when we did it. This video is actually the second go, and clearly Elliot had smartened up a bit. but its still funny.

On to knitting stuff... I have been busy. Mostly thinking and planning, but some knitting too. I'm still working on the afghan that I made up the pattern to, and I probably will be forever. Also still have my Socks for Soldiers socks on the needles. The pictures on both of these are awful, and I apologize. I'm hoping that either Friday or Saturday I will be home during the daylight hours so I can take better pictures near a window with natural light. I also started socks for my mom that I am using the pattern Twilight for. This pattern is from the book 2-at-a-time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. I really enjoy this book, and even though I haven't managed to knit 2 at a time on magic loop, I understand it.

Lastly, I have been working in Sydney's hat. You probably remember how I was confused by the sizing in the old pattern I was using. Yes, I said old. I'm no longer knitting the earflap hat. I decided a few days ago that for the older girls, I would knit fetching fingerless gloves. I had mentioned I was making them for a friend, and they both thought they were really cool, so i thought that would be a quick easy project they would like. That left 2 skeins of yarn in a purple and pink that I was originally going to use for their hats, since I had to order different yarn for their fetchings (different weights). I decided to follow Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's (aka Knitting GODDESS) pattern for the No-Pattern hat (ironic, I know). I'm going to add stripes using the yarn from the other girls hats, and I think it will turn out lovely. If not, oh well.

Next post I hope to expand on what I'm knitting the rest of my family (since only one of them ever reads this, I think I'm pretty safe) for Christmas, and what other projects I hope to finish by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment