Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Starts

School is out completely now and I start my new job on Monday. I'm nervous, but its a good kind of nervous I think. It will be a nice change and I'm hoping I really like it there. I also started a new project... I broke down and bought some more size 6 dpns for knitting Yolanda's fetching. I left the first pair in Rochester, and I wont get those for at least another 2-3 weeks. I should be done with these by then, and I felt bad making her wait so long for them. I'm hoping they will work nice for when she is on her crutches more.

Still plugging along on those baby blankets. I would love to have those done by the twins' 3 month birthday (June 11th) but I don't know if that is going to happen. I should have just made hats. Jeesh. Anyway, I need to get those and my wedding thank yous out and done ASAP.

After those are done, I want to start looking at afghans. I want to make my in-laws a nice afghan for Christmas, and I really want to get going on it so I know I will finish. I brought home a few books from the library and I think I will have Zach help me pick out the final one I decide to make. I also am waiting until Zach is gone to set up knitting help with socks. The owner of a local knitting store offered to teach me how to know socks by appointment, which is really handy. I really want to be able to make socks for Zach while he is gone to send to him, but I figure it can wait until he has left for SOI. Leaves me something to look forward to, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment