Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Simplicity

Its a funny word really. Like one of those unattainable things that taunts those of us who are too busy for our own good. I thought that after school was out that things would get less hectic, but life hasn't slowed down a bit. It's always one thing or another eating away at our time. Making life more simple is something Zach and I have talked about a few times, but then it seems like we can never do anything to get there. Part of that is because Zach is a mover and a shaker. He likes to be always doing things. Not that he doesn't enjoy just vegging out to a movie with some good snacks, but he likes to be around people and doing things. I'm more of a homebody. I like to stay home, maybe clean or organize, read, knit, watch a movie, talk about things, etc. Not that I don't like to get out and do things with our friends, but I guess I'm just more reserved where Zach is more outgoing.

Now that I have rambled on without mentioning knitting once, I suppose I should give you an update. Still. working. on. baby. blankets. I have GOT to get those things done. Its just one more thing on my list of things to get done and I'm getting kind of sick of them, truth be told. Plugging along on Alex's scarf. I'm not too worried about this. Ok, not worried about it at all. It's a Christmas gift, and its mostly mindless knitting, so I figure especially once the baby blankets are done I can work on that during car rides, short waits in various places, or while watching a movie. I also started Yolanda's fetchings and those are moving along nicely. I"m really enjoying the pattern and want to make myself a pair after I'm done with hers. The only plave I see myself getting confused is the thumb, but I figure I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I got my knit picks order in today. I love that place. They have great stuff and its AFORDABLE. I had ordered 2 40" long circulars in sizes 2 and 3 for socks. I think I may try one more time before Zach leaves and I go to Barb (LYS owner) for a lesson. I have always pretty much figured stuff out on my own and its really bugging me that I can't get this. I also got Socks a la Carte, Knit So Fine, and Things I Learned From Knitting Whether I Wanted To Or Not. I've been working through Knitting Rules for a while now. Normally I tear through books because I'm a fast reader, but I have been making myself slow down for this book because I love it so much. Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has such a great writing style and very real attitude toward knitting. Its a refreshing read and makes me want to write my own knitting book. Not likely, but still fun to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment