Friday, May 22, 2009

Unnamed Kitty

We got a kitten! He is a cute 10 week old white and brown striped cat. It is hard to get a decent shot of him because he moves so fast and is still exploring, but here he is:


He hasn't figured out that you cannot walk through the window screen we put up between our living room and kitchen (where we are keeping our little guy for a while). He loves to play with yarn. I cut a piece thinking I would play with him for a little while, but he took it away and played happily by himself for 10 minutes! We still don't have a name... nothing we have come up with seems to fit. Hopefully we'll think of something soon.

Knitting is going well. I have been so determined to finish those blankets I haven't worked on much else, but I'm on my last skein of yarn for Aubrey's and over half done with Nicholas'. I also got another few rounds done on Yolanda's fetchings. I hope to have those done in another week or two.

I bought Teach Yourself Visually Sock Knitting by Laura Chau today at A. C. Moore. Zach actually suggested I buy this a few weeks ago, but I stobbornly said I didn't think it looked that good. I thought it would be one of those generic knitting help books put out by people who didn't actually knit. Boy was I wrong. This book has instructions for every way you could want to knit socks (magic loop, dpns, 2 circs, flat, toe up, cuff down, etc) with GREAT pictures illustrating every move. I think this is just what I need to get going on socks. Another great part of this book is a kind of troubleshooting area in the back. It not only tells you all the common mistakes made in knitting, it has pictures to show you what it looks like AND tells you how to fix it. It is definately going to be close by the next few weeks.

I should probably stop my kitten from eating my kitchen chair...

No comments:

Post a Comment