Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One week, 9 days, and who knows?

So it's been a week since I last blogged. I was in Rochester for the weekend, worked both jobs on Monday, and worked, had my charity knitting/crochet group, and went to a movie night at a friends house yesterday. Therefore, I have not blogged.

9 days until Zach comes home :) Although, I get to see him before that. We (his parents, my parents, and myself) are leaving Wednesday afternoon for North Carolina and should get there Thursday afternoon, so I will get to see him then. It will be so nice to have him home again. It's hard to describe what it is like to not have him here. I miss him for the big stuff, like dealing with issues with our bank accounts and trying to decide where we are going to live. But I miss him for the small stuff too, like dinner and movie nights, cleaning the apartment, playing with the kitten, and lots of other little moments you never realise mean so much until you don't have them anymore.

As for the who knows in the title, that is relating to the knitting. Who knows how long it will take me to finish something. Anything. Who knows what I will start next? Who knows why I start so many things? Still working on Sydney's hat. Honestly, I'm thinking of ripping it out and doing the fair isle (or intarsia, can't remember which) version instead of the solid color version. It's kind of boring, both to knit and to look at. So I may be ordering more yarn in complimentary colors for the girls hats. Also still working on my first sock, although I am past the heel and working down the foot. It ended up kind of large, but other than that I am happy with how it is turning out. Also plugging along on the charity baby blanket and the afghan that I am making for Zach and I. I really need to finish one of these.

So I decided that since I originally started this blog to talk about books and knitting, I realised I have fallen short on the book part. So I figured I would start with what I am currently reading. I'm actually reading 2 things right now (does this really surprise you?). The first is Wealth on Minimal Wage by James Steamer. It's not a new book or anything, but its really interesting and has given me better ideas on how to manage out finances. The other book I'm reading is Chicks with Sticks (KnitWise) by Elizabeth Lenhard. This si the 3rd (I think?) book in the Chicks with Sticks series and, as you may be able to tell from the title, its about knitting. The books are a little below my usual reading level, but they are a nice easy read to pick up and breeze through.

Lastly, a picture of the kitten...

No comments:

Post a Comment