Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Travel Plans

I leave bright and early tomorrow morning to fly down the North Carolina to spend 4 days with Zach. Its the first time I have seen him since I left him at the airport June 1st. I'm really excited about it :) I have plans for us to watch fireworks over the river, but mostly we are just going to relax and enjoy spending time with each other.



Not much knitting progress has happened. I haven't worked on Sydney's Thorpe hat in a while, because I decided I would take that in my suitcase down with me for times when we are driving and such. Plus I thought Zach would like to see it. I am taking my socks with me as airplane knitting for the flight down and back. I'm knitting these on bamboo needles, so I'm hoping they wont give me a hard time. I think that is all the knitting I am going to take.



I had my charity knitting and crochet group again last night. We didn't have as many people as we did last week, but thats ok. I know summer is hard for people as far as vacations and sports and such, so I'm hoping the group will really pick up in the fall. After casting on and ripping out 5 different things Monday night, I decided to start knitting squares for a baby blanket for the Linus Project. Thats what many of the women are working on also, some in squares and some as whole blankets. My mother-in-law is just getting back into crocheting after a few years, and didn't want to tackle anything too involved, so she is crocheting a hat that is so cute. Its made out of this soft burgandy yarn (probably acrylic) and is an open stitch pattern, so it could be worn in the summer. This will be donated to Chemo Caps.



Thats about all for now. Of course we can't have a post without a picture of Elliot, the kitten. This was one we took soon after we got him. We lovingly dubbed it, "The Kitty Taco".


No comments:

Post a Comment