Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sukiyaki

What is Sukiyaki, you ask? It's this. (I know. Wikipedia. I have mixed feelings about it. But its getting late and it has everything you could wanna know about it). My cousin is with me for the week, and he is super into Japanese culture and food. He has even taken lessons to learn the language for a few years. It's cool. So two of my friends came over and he made us his version of it. I regret now that I didn't take a picture, although it did look similar to that picture up there. You cook everything in its own section of the pan (or wok. whatever). I ate most of it. I found out I'm not a big fan of tofu, but I tried it.

Anyway, knitting is going ok. I got past the heel on my sock and I'm decreasing toward the foot. That's exciting. I've been thinking of not finishing the second sock. I know, I know. Second sock syndrome. But I should be getting my yarn for the Sock for Soldiers socks, and I know I'm going to want to work on those. And I also have my New Bern socks, which are just fun to work on because they go so fast. Guess we'll just see. Maybe I will do the other one just for more practice.

Lastly, a much cuter picture of Elliot than the one I posted last:

No comments:

Post a Comment