Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yarn!

I am so happy! I placed an order for yarn for many of my Christmas gifts, as well as a few things for me. Knit Picks is my new favorite place to order yarn from. I was was really happy with everything I had ordered, it came in a timely manner, and everything was reasonably priced. Here are some pictures of what I got:

yarn to make socks for me :)

yarn for socks for ZachYarn for Hannah's earflap hatYarn for Brandee's earflap hatYarn for Sydney's earflap hat
Yarn to make a felted knitting basket

This is yarn I got to make a striped scarf for my cousin :) sorry for the crazy picture layout... its the black and two shades of green.

And last but not least...


This is 2 luxurious sheins of Alpaca Cloud in the Smoke colorway to make the invisibility shawl. Usually I am not a lace person and I have never knit a lace shawl before, but the simplicity and fun aspect of this drew me to it. Plus, I listen to Kelley Petkun's Knit Picks podcast and lace is a favorite topic of hers. If all goes well, I may try to make a simple but elegant lace scarf for my Aunt for Christmas. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment